It’s that time of the year again. Here’s a selection of low-cost, guilt-free ideas for stocking fillers if you still can’t quite face doing the “No Impact Christmas”.
1. Global green garbage bags vy Kenjiro Sano, made from polyethylene, sporting a deep blue map of the globe to remind us all that, yes, we are connected. Earth Garbage Bag, 8 euros for 10 45-litre bags, available only from concept store Colette.
2. Fight the dross that fills up newsmagazines in doctors’ waiting rooms by donating money or your old digital cameras and laptops to International Reporting Project, which provides opportunities to U.S. journalists to cover international issues that have been neglected in the media. I stumbled upon this recently while reading an article in Business Week about the land grab in Africa, and thought to myself, hmm this doesn’t seem like the usual Businessweek fare.
3. Anything from this list of online shops which were part of the Noel Ethique operation last year.
4. Organic champagne from Fleury
5. Natural makeup from the new line called UNE by Bourjois